Article 1 - General
- SOUND OF C respects the “Belgian protection of privacy Act of 8 December 1992 on the processing of personal data”, as amended by the Act of 11 December 1998 as well as the anti-spam provisions of Book XII of the Economic Law Code on the “law of the electronic economy”.
- The controller of your personal data is SOUND OF C. A statement was made to the Commission for the protection of privacy relating to the processing of your personal data.
Article 2 – Personal data
2.1. Personal data you provided to us:
- To receive press releases, press invitations and newsletters: your e-mail address, your name, your phone number and in some cases your postal address
- To organise press trips: your ID or passport data (including ID card number and date of birth)
2.2. SOUND OF C can collect your data in different ways:
- by subscribing to our newsletter or the explicit request to be included in our mailing list.
- by collecting your data after personal contact (e.g. at a trade show or meeting).
- by requesting your data from yourself or your employer (e.g. editorial boards).
Article 3 – Purposes of the procesing
3.1. General purposes:
The Company shall only use your collected personal data for the following purposes:
- To send press releases, newsletters and invitations for events and press trips.
- The logistical organisation of press trips, for which your identity data are required (e.g. booking flights or accommodation).
You are not obliged to provide your personal data, but you understand that providing certain services will be impossible when you refuse the processing.
3.2. Transfer to third parties:
In case of the whole or partial reorganisation or transfer of activities of SOUND OF C, whereby it reorganises, transfers or suspends its operating activities or if SOUND OF C goes bankrupt, this may mean your data are transferred to new entities or third parties through which the operating activities of SOUND OF C will be wholly or partly executed.
In all reasonableness, SOUND OF C will try to notify you in advance of the fact that SOUND OF C will notify your data to the aforementioned third party, but you also acknowledge that this is not technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
SOUND OF C will not sell your personal data, nor lease or distribute them or make them commercially available in any other way to third parties, except in the way described above or with your prior consent.
3.3. Legal requirements:
In rare cases it is possible SOUND OF C needs to disclose your personal data in pursuance of a judicial order or to comply with other binding legislation or regulations. In all reasonableness, SOUND OF C shall try to notify you about this in advance, subject to legal restrictions.
Article 4 – Duration of the processing
We save and process personal data for a period that is necessary as a function of the purposes of the processing and as a function of the contractual relationship between you and the company. If over the space of more than a year you do not open any of our mailings, we will remove your profile from our database.
Article 5 – Your rights
5.1. Right of access:
You have the right of access to your personal data free of charge and at any time, as well as to the purposes for which we process your personal data. Your data are saved in our e-mail databases of MailChimp and Prezly, two bodies that comply with the GDPR legislation.
5.2. Right to rectification, erasure and restriction:
You are free to notify your personal data to SOUND OF C, or not. In addition, you always have the right to obtain from us that we rectify, supplement or erase your personal data. You acknowledge that if you refuse to provide personal data or you request the erasure of personal data, certain services cannot be provided.
You also have the right to obtain a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
5.3. Right to object:
You also have the right to object against the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
In addition, you always have the right to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such case you do not have to specify reasons.
5.4. Right to data portability:
You have the right to obtain your personal data that we process in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form and/or to transmit them to other controllers.
5.5. Right of withdrawal of consent:
In so far the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw the consent.
5.6. Exercise of your rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to SOUND OF C August Nihoulstraat 178B, 3270 Scherpenheuvel or by using the “Contact us” section on the Website.
5.7. Right to lodge a complaint:
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Privacy commission: Commission for the protection of privacy, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail: email@example.com.
This is without prejudice to a provision before a civil court.
If you were to suffer damage following the processing of your personal data, you can institute a damage claim.
Article 6 - Security and confidentiality
6.1. Technical and organisational security measures are in place enabling us to avoid any risks, such as the destruction, loss, alteration, falsification, unauthorised disclosure or notification to third parties of the collected personal data as well as any other unauthorised processing of said data.
6.2. Under no circumstance can SOUND OF C be held responsible for any direct or indirect damage arising from a faulty or unlawful use of your personal data by a third party.
Article 7 – Access by third parties
- To be able to process your personal data, we grant our employees access to your personal data.
Article 8 – Declaration Privacy Commission
A declaration was made to the Commission for the protection of privacy for this processing of personal data. You can contact this Commission at the following addresses:
Commissie voor de Bescherming van de Persoonlijke Levenssfeer
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35